Wednesday, April 1, 2009

One Karlen Down, Two To Go...

Well, Papa made it home safe and sound. While I am distressed about not having my favorite boy and girl with me, it is nice to be home and back on American soil. I make no secret about my love for this country and it always feels great to get home. It was tough, though, heading to the check-in counter with my little boy jumping up and down and yelling, "Papa!" across the terminal. I know that they are in great hands, though, with Gayla. She has been such a blessing to us.

Omah and Foffee picked me up at the airport and brought me home. It was nice to catch up with them face-to-face instead of watching the minutes on the cellphone!

We are continuing to pray for a minor miracle that everything will fall into place and Mama and Daniel will be able to get back Saturday night, but we're being realistic with our expectations too.

Anyhow, I'm heading off to bed. Thanks for everyone's support throughout this journey. Please keep posted as we will maintain the blog well after everyone gets back home.

Oh - Judi and Bob: thanks for the nice comments. In regards to sizes, Kelly said, "I was guessing when I said he is size 5 or 6. I don't really know and the sizes here are totally different. His shoe size is 29. Here are his measurements: Arm (shoulder to wrist) 13", Pant (I forgot to do the inseam, this is waist to ankle) 20", Waist 22".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Papa, Glad to know you got home safe. You've got our prayer support for the rest of your family.

I check your blog 2 or 3 x's a day! It's good to know that you are both going to continue keeping us up with the new family and world Daniel is about to enter.

Love to all,
David & Jeanine

Carol C. said...

Jason - Glad you made it home safe. Now is the hard time of adjusting to Louisville time and getting the house ready for the family. Take care and call if you need anything.
Kelly/Daniel - Enjoy this time you have together to bond as son and mama. It will be the first of many special times. The passport will come and you two will be coming home soon. Take care.

Trindy said...

Kelly and Daniel, hang in there! Enjoy the next few days with Gayla and learn all you can to communicate. I'm sure it was really tough seeing Papa leave, but it won't be long.

Jason, glad to hear that you made it home safe. I'm sure that you have a lot to do to get ready for your new family.