Sunday, April 5, 2009

A good Sunday

Well, I am sorry to report to you that the passport did not arrive in Odessa on Friday as we had hoped. We are still waiting. This means we won't be coming home on Wednesday. Who knows when? I am not making any more plans, just waiting on the Lord.

Today we went to church with Galya. I was worried about taking Daniel because their service is 4 hours long, but I had to get him out of the apartment so we thought we would be brave and try it. We went to Victory Christian Church and what a blessing it was. Their worship style is very similar to what we do at home. When we walked in and I heard those familar songs I just started to cry. I don't know what it was - homesickness, I guess. I was just so moved. It was so good to be in the Lord's house. They sang in Russian and I sang in English. It was just what I needed! What a great work is being done in that church! There were about 1000 people there for the morning service and there was another service after ours at 2:00!

Daniel did great! He jumped and clapped during the singing - he really loved it. He was having such a great time and then he would look up at me with a huge smile and throw his arms out for a hug. What a sweetie! When it was time for the children to leave for their church, Galya asked him if he wanted to go and he said, 'Cool - I get to go to school! Bye, bye Mama!' And off they went. They were gone for 2 hours and he came back with a big smile and another masterpiece for the refrigerator. It was such a blessing that he went so easily. This was his first time in church and it was a great experience. I had Galya tell him that next week we will go to church in America with Papa. (I hope!) He is excited!

We saw another plane in the sky this afternoon. He always notices the planes going by. He said, 'Oh, similout (plane). Hi Papa! Hi Papa!' He waved and waved. We miss you papa!

This afternoon he made a friend on the playground here by Galya's apartment. They had a great time playing and went down the slide about 200 times. It was good to see him playing with other kids. Usually he just stays with Mama but this boy came running up to us and was so friendly. He wouldn't go away and they talked and talked. Of course, it was all in Russian. I would have loved to have known what was said. I did hear him ask Daniel about his Papa and he told him that Papa is in America.

That's all for now. I really appreciate your continued encouragement and prayers. I am terribly homesick but so very blessed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Kelly, Kelly! You did it! I am sooo glad you were "brave" and went to church - and then the little boy who wouldn't give up on the playground - all part of God's plan in looking out for you! You hang in there . . . keep your head up! You have tons of people praying for you and cheering you on! No one wants you to get that passport more than ME!!! Ok, maybe Jason and your Mom and Dad!!
Miss you!
Lisa Lisa

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
This is all part of God's transition plan. Trust and patience are so hard to do. How fun to praise the Lord in English with the Russians. Maybe it is giving you a taste of what Daniel will experience when he comes here. God is so good and I am so happy for you both. Love ya bunches, Sharon Boyd

Carol C. said...

Kelly, stay strong and remember God is by your side helping you through the journey. It is hard at times but you have come so far and have overcome so many obstacles’ and gotten thru them. Prayers are coming your way and you and Daniel will be home soon. I can only imagine how homesick you are but you are on the short side of the trip. Only days to go.

Jason, Have a good day back to work.

Fiddlin' Mark said...

Hang in there, Kelly. You'll be back in Louisville and all together again before you know it. We're so happy for you all.

Anonymous said...

Kelly and Daniel, glad to hear you went to church and it was a good experience.

Kelly you'll be okay and the Lord has taken you this far the rest is still in His hand.

Daniel seem to just fit in no matter what the circumstance or experience. What a joy to see how secure and loved he feels in such a short time. He is a perfect fit and all in the Lords planning.

I have many friends here that are praying for your return and keep them updated with your news.

Your reunion with Papa and family is going to be awesome.

Tell Daniel he is loved by many people and can't wait to meet him.

Love,
Jeanine