Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Coming Home!!!

Day 45 and our long awaited return home is tomorrow! I am so excited. We went to the Embassy today and picked up Daniel's Visa and we are all set to travel. When we came back Galya made Daniel a familiar treat from the orphanage to celebrate. He had been asking for 'manna-kasha' which is a floury type of cornmeal (I am calling it cornmeal, I really don't know what it is) mixed with milk (boiled), sugar and butter. It totally looked like grits. Who knows - maybe it's the same? I got a bag to bring home so I can make it for him. He was so thrilled about having it again!


It has been a long journey and we are so excited to be headed back to America!! Thank you for all of your sweet comments and words of encouragement. This has been a great adventure, but I think the real adventure is just beginning!!



Here is another picture for you......



At the WWII Museum:



See you soon!!

6 comments:

Carol C. said...

Can't wait for you to return. Daniel is going to have so many new foods to try so bringing an old favorite home will be good. Maybe Jungle Jim's in Cincy will have 'manna-kasha' when you run out. See you when you get back. Thanks for letting us all enjoy your journey and you are correct, the real adventure is just beginning.

Novotny's said...

We are looking forward to seeing you and your new family. I can not think of anything more exciting! You are going to be great parents!
Daniel is a very lucky boy. Have a safe journey across the pond and congradulations again.

Anonymous said...

I am sooo excited for you all! I can't wait to meet Daniel. Travel safe...

-Britt

Anonymous said...

Kelly, we here at Mercer are so excited to hear you all are coming home. Have a safe trip and can't wait to see you and meet Daniel on April 15th for the shower.

See you soon!

The Mercer Team

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Kelly! I look forward to meeting your son and I'll be glad to have my cubicle neighbor back in the office soon.

Carol C. said...

WELCOME HOME - Kelly and Daniel
WELCOME TO LOUISVILLE - Galya
Get some rest and let me know when you are up for guests.