Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Things are moving right along

We had a big day today! We filed the petition at the court for the adoption. Our court date is set for Tuesday, March 10th. (my mom's birthday!) There are many papers to be collected before the hearing can happen, but we are on our way! The petition includes the new name we selected for him. We will share it with you soon! (Hint - it's a hero and prophet of the Bible)

Due to our time at the courthouse this morning, we were late arriving at the orphanage for our visit. The class was outside playing and when they came around the bend and spotted us - he took off running to us, straight into my arms. Yeah - I melted! He saw our driver with us and asked (in Ukrainian), "Is it time? Are we going?" It can't be soon enough for us either!

He met with the psychologist today. He won't go to court with us, so she interviews him and provides a summary for the judge. She asked if he wants us for his momma and poppa - he said Da!! (YES!) I have a photo album of family pictures. He went right to my bag and pulled it out to show her. He flipped to the page with all of the grandparents' pictures and told her, "They love me." What a sweetie!

This is our driver, Simone. He takes good care of us. We call him 'Uncle Ron'. He has the same big personality and reminds us of our friend.
More later......we love and miss you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah !!! I am so exited for you all..I look at this blog a thousand times a day...(dont tell my boss)..lol...he looks to ..we are so excited for you all and cant wait to meet your son..God is moving in your lives and I am so thankful to have you both for our friends..I feel just like I am there with you because of the post..Miss you both and be safe.

Much Love and Prayers,
Debbie & Dave

Anonymous said...

roGlad to hear all is going well. Do give the little guy a kiss and hug from us. Oh, by the way Pietros also has funeral chicken. Take care. Love,Carol&Rich

Carol C. said...

I'm checking around to get you a fresh chicken for your coming home present. I'm getting your little guy some fun stuff. I got teary eyed when he ran to you all today. He is so lucky to have you too and this was God's working. I'm not guessing on the name I want to hear it or read it first from you all.

Carrie said...

Awesome. We are so glad to hear that things are going well for you. It gives us hope. I can't wait to see the pictures. Best of luck on your court date!

Anonymous said...

It has been so much fun to read your blog and note the progress of everything toward a very happy ending. Your little one sounds like a wonderful person. You have already forged bonds with him with your loving natures and joyous outlook. Can't wait to learn the outcome of the court day and that you are headed home as a new family.

Ecce!

Anonymous said...

J & K-These blogs are just so neat!Your little guy sounds awesome and he is so blessed to have a family like yours to become a part of. Edward hopes that he gets to play with him soon, and loves Jason's new hat! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Lori & George

Jeanine Gower said...

Can't wait to check your blog ea/day. I'm so excited for you & family. Can't wait to know his name (but have a good idea :) ) He sounds so sweet and smart. God has certainly guided your steps all the way. We will pray that it continues and you will come home soon as a family. I told David we need to make a special trip to meet this little guy. Two of my grandchildren are four yrs. old too and it's such an exciting age and their questions and comments are a riot and sometimes surprising. Haven't left comments ea/day, only because I'm so moved & excited, I forget. Love you all,

Anonymous said...

Wow, things are moving fast! It's exciting! Is there a waiting period after the court date? Kelly, are you going to make it home to watch your beloved Cardinals play basketball?

Anonymous said...

I'm melting! Does his name start with an I or a J? So happy for you all. What an awesome journey. I hope Spring comes to your house first this year, you deserve it.
BEth, Bees4me