Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yellow belt!!








Friday night they had the summer camp graduation from Karate school and Daniel also tested for his yellow belt. It was fun to see all the kids go through their moves and he did very well. For his test, he got to break a board. We were amazed! Pop held it up and after a few, 'Aiiiyah!'s then he broke it. They were only allowed to break a board if they agreed to break a bad habit. We picked a bad habit (not listening) and wrote it on the board and then he agreed to break it when he broke the board.



Karate school has been good for him this summer. The focus on discipline and self control - all things that we need to work on. He has done so well there that I think we are going to have him continue the classes into the school year. Oh - and by the way - he did get his yellow belt.




OK - so as I read over this and my last few posts, I realize that it sounds like I am bragging. I don't mean to be bragging. We are just so proud and amazed by this little boy. I take no credit. We've worked very hard but he is 'fearfully and wonderfully made' and we are just marveling at the miracle God has worked and is working out in Daniel's life. So many things (challenges, struggles, issues) that we anticipated, expected and tried to prepare ourselves for in adopting just have not come true. Sure, we struggle like any parents. Raising a nice, polite young man is challenging! But, we are so WOW'ed by God's handiwork in Daniel.
(and he didn't have anyone to brag over him for almost 5 years, so I am just catching him up!)

No comments: