Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First day of school

Today Daniel was headed off to First grade! We had orientation on Monday and got to visit his room, meet his teacher and sit in his desk.


We were so excited about his chance to go to a Christian School! It's not like it's the first year in school. I didn't think I would have any trouble leaving him. But, I was full of emotion. He did better than I did - I cried all the way to work. He didn't look very happy when I left him, I am sure it was just anxiety (the stutter is back today!). I felt so bad for him. I feel like all we have done since he's been here is thrust him into a new situation and new rules and expect him to adapt. Poor kid. It's been tough, I know and he has done so well. I just felt so guilty.


But of course he did great. He was all smiles when Pop picked him up. Here is our big First grader:



And compare this to his first day of school picture from last year. He has grown so much in one year!!


1 comment:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

What a big boy! Praying this year is very successful for Daniel.