Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Week 2


We are hanging in there! It was promotion Sunday last weekend at church so Daniel moved up to his First grade Sunday school class. Yes, we got called out of church again - he had to be removed from the class for refusing to participate and crawling under the table. Monday was a good day at school, but Tuesday he was back in the Principal's office for running around the library and refusing to join the group for story time. UGH!! What gets into kid's heads? I honestly think that most of his trouble stems from the fact that he is trying to be the class clown and make the other kids laugh. (I edited out some of his other antics in the school library out of sheer embarassment!) Yesterday his teacher was out and they had a sub (poor lady!) so I didn't get much of a report. At least I didn't get a call from the Principal's office either! At this point we are just celebrating our small victories!


One of the most amazing things to me as a parent is how much it truly grieves my heart when Daniel makes bad choices. On his bad days - I am just so down. It has really opened my eyes to how much my bad choices must grieve my Heavenly Father. That's something I really couldn't understand until I had a kid of my own and can see it in our relationship. Forgive me Lord for grieving you and being foolish enough to think my bad choices only affect me!

Please continue to pray for Daniel as he works his way through this transition. We are definitely seeing improvement, but we have a lot to work on. Someone told me that it takes at least 3 weeks for them to adjust so not to worry about it too much yet. I am going with that! As long as we're seeing improvements, I know he'll get there. Daniel is so amazingly smart, but I keep saying - it doesn't matter how smart he is, if we don't get this behavior under control he won't have a happy life. We know that the Lord loves him even more than we do and we are trusting that He will see us through. (and still praying for wisdom!)


1 comment:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Praying he does make a positive transition. School is such a hard thing for many of our adoptees. Our in school behaviors are 10X's better this year (so far), but the at home stuff, homework, studying is way more difficult. Praying for strength for us ALL!!