Wednesday, August 29, 2012

KY State Fair



Daniel loves to ride the rides and eat junk food (who doesn't?) and I love to look at the decorated cakes, photography, and ugly lamp contest.  We both enjoy the balloon animal display, the BMX show and watching those hilarious ducks going down the slide over and over.  We make a good fair going team!  If only it weren't 96 blazing degrees!!

Third grade is going amazingly well.  I was really worried about this year and how he would do as the work gets harder and harder.  So far, so good.  His teacher is amazingly sweet and we might still be in the honeymoon period but it's going well so far. 

We've been going to counseling to work on Daniel's self esteem and his melt downs and anger when he gets frustrated.  I don't know if it's helping him or not, but it's been totally eye opening to me.  When she says things it makes total sense but I just didn't think of it that way before - of course crying as a baby and not having anyone come to comfort him would make him think there is something wrong with him.  It makes sense when she puts it that way.  Even though we know that's not the case, he needs to work through that and believe it himself. 

Some things that we can't fix with counseling, I know the Lord can help him resolve.  He has a plan for Daniel and we can trust that His plan is good.  Despite the things we're still working on, I can't tell you how many times Jason and I marvel to each other what a sweet boy we have.  He has completely changed our world and it is such a joy to be a part of his adventure!

No comments: