Saturday, August 11, 2012

Diving

Today Daniel and I went swimming with our friend Ms. Peggy.  He had never jumped off the diving board before, but today he decided that he was gonna give it a try.  We practiced jumping off the edge first - into 8 foot deep water - and then swimming to the ladder.  Once Mama was sure he could do that without assistance, we were off to the diving board.  Here is the first jump, so brave!!


After a few jumps, each one getting more and more confident then he was ready to go for the fancy spin...


And then after about a dozen jumps off the low dive, he runs over and says, 'Mom, I want to go off the high dive!'  Well sure, go for it!  I didn't know if he would really go through with it or not but sure enough, right up there and off the end.  No fear!


Look how high!  It was so great.  I was really proud of him!  (I took a video on my phone.  If I can ever figure out how to transfer it, I will share it with you.)  He must have jumped off at least 50 times.  He loved it!!  He'll sleep good tonight for sure!

No comments: