Monday, August 10, 2009

Kindergarten Camp

Last Thursday was Kindergarten Camp! This is like orientation. We went to school and Daniel got to meet his teacher, Mrs. Parr. We met in the cafeteria and then the kids went off to see their new rooms with their teacher. I came back 2 hours later and then it was my turn to see the room. It was very exciting and kind of scary at the same time. He's just so little. I can't imagine him at school! Who is going to make sure he eats his sandwich at lunch, and not just the cookie? What if he can't button his pants after the bathroom? What if he gets separated from his class? What if, What if, What if? I needed a firm reminder this week (which came from a friend) that God is in control! Not me! He loves Daniel even more than I do and will be watching over him - all the way at Kindergarten. The same God who knows the number of hairs on his head, will be with him even when we are not. Thank you Lord! I don't know if I could ever let him out of the house without that assurrance!


Look at this sweet boy:



Thursday is D day. I am sure it will be harder on me than on him!

4 comments:

Carol C. said...

Daniel will do fine. Now mom on the other hand will have a hard time. But God will take care of you both and everything will be fine.

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

I felt these same anxieties a week ago when mine left for 2nd and 3rd grades. Who will be there to help them with their language issues, to show them the bathroom, etc? Through a couple of tears on the first day, the kids had a marvelous time and couldn't wait to go back. You can do it too, mom.

Anonymous said...

Daniel will show them how smart he is and he will shine like the little star that he is...He will do fine mom...take a deep breath and relax...the pictures for the fridge are really going to get exciting...what an exciting time for you all...I remember many moons ago all those same feelings but it will all be ok...God has the plan and we just need to learn to follow it..You guys are doing GREAT!!!

Much love,
Dahbee

Carrie said...

He is so adorable. He will be fine. Last year when my daughter went to Kindergarten, I did not take her on the first day. I knew I would cry like a baby and would not want to leave her (even after 5 years of daycare in which I never dropped her off). I did go to eat lunch with her a couple of times, and you know what.... she only ate the marshmallows out of her trail mix. She survives. This year with Mitchell, he is so excited, I haven't given it a second thought. Good luck! I'll be thinking of you on Thursday.