Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was the BIG day for our BIG boy! Let me tell you, he did way better than mom. I had no idea it would be so emotional. I was all ready and excited. A bit stressed about pulling all of the pieces together and getting him ready, but excited. Not sad at all! This morning reading I came across this verse:

'...whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he.' Proverbs 16:20


I decided that was going to be my verse for today. I trust in the Lord. I know He is going to watch over our big boy, so I am going to be happy about our exciting milestone. That was all good, until I was standing in his classroom watching him sit at that little bitty table and I was just flooded with emotion. He's only been our little boy for all of 4 months, and now I have to let him go. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. His teacher was so sweet. She actually gave me a hug and promised me that they would take good care of him.

What if, what if, what if - the devil is whispering in my ear. And so, I pry my fingers off of the controls and I walked out of the classroom - leaving him in the Lord's hands. And of course, it was great! You should have seen him jumping and smiling and waving when I showed up to get him. He had fun, ate most of his lunch and actually wrote his teacher's name and drew her picture. He is ready to go back tomorrow. I am hoping it gets easier!


An apple for his teacher:


All ready to learn:

1 comment:

Carol C. said...

It will get easier for you to drop him off. And, your trust is in the correct place. Trust God to watch over him.