Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I love you

Three simple words, but what an impact!

As is usual for us on Tuesdays, Kelly and Daniel met Pop for dinner before he headed off to his Discipleship Curriculum class at church. As we were going our separate ways, Daniel gave Pop a HUGE hug and said, "I love you, Pop". Honestly I was quite moved as that's the first time we've ever heard him use those words - in English or Ukrainian. It was a very touching moment and really overshadowed all of the other (not so good) moments of the day. Needless to say, I've had an extra spring in my step since then. Whoo-hoo!

3 comments:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

That is wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

He will say it more and more...how could he not with such great parents. I really enjoy the blog..I must confess, I have never been on a blog before you guys left and now I am hooked...thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful time in your lives with us..We love you guys
PS. The pictures are wonderful!

Debbie & Dave

Carrie said...

That is awesome, and oh so sweet. It usually only takes one sweet smile to make me forget about a whole bunch of bad behavior. Now Daniel has a whole new way to make that all disappear.