Saturday, February 28, 2009

LAP Electrical VRT idea



I apologize to those folks who aren't on my electrical team at Ford, but I couldn't pass this up...

We've seen many vehicles in Ukraine with these straps hanging down. Apparently Russian-made cars are not grounded properly and these straps serve the purpose. There have been several instances of folks talking on cellphones and having an electrostatic discharge explode the phone resulting in fatalities. These straps prevent that from occurring. Perhaps we should suggest this for our next vehicle as optional equipment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scary. Is this how the rumor started about not pumping gas while talking on your cell phone?

Anonymous said...

I've seen these on cars in the US not too long ago. I think I was told that it was certain tires that needed them?

Anonymous said...

we will drop that in the next VRT meeting.
Buddy

Anonymous said...

hey speaking of Ford I found this commercial representing the Ford Fiesta! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OczVzyBBD6I

Hey good luck guys!
Spencer