Thursday, November 29, 2012

Slow down!!

I am constantly marveling at how quickly the years are speeding by.  I can't get over how big Daniel is!  I just want to freeze him just as he is (or even go back a few years).  I just didn't get to enjoy little bitty Daniel nearly long enough.  We're trying to appreciate each new milestone and the joys of these years.  He is learning so much in school and some days he goes on and on about the most interesting things.  Just this week he has been enlightening me with all kinds of great facts on the following topics - Louis Braille, bedrock and xylophones.  He still loves playing with Legos and he is also starting to read spontaneously (without an assignment from mom!).  Just when I get to thinking he is so big, he turns around and surprises me.  (mom - where's my bear?)

We went to a counselor a bit over the summer and she told me we should be so thankful because it's totally obvious that someone in Daniel's past loved on him.  He is so affectionate, and always has been.  She says a lot of adopted kids have trouble giving and receiving affection and she was amazed at how loving and snuggly he is.  Even before he was ours, God was looking out for him.  What a great reminder to be thankful for those first years.  No matter what we might say about the care he received, he was cared for and we are seeing the results every day.  Thank you Lord for sending someone to hold and snuggle him before I could!  My heart overflows with the love this child showers on us. 

No comments: