Friday, August 12, 2011

Snorkeling

Did I mention that we went snorkeling in Cancun? Not off the beach, but actually in open water! We practiced in the pool with Daniel the day before, so he could adjust to the feeling of breathing through that tube. He actually did really great and I was so proud of him. He is pretty easy going and willing to try just about anything (food or experiences!). I remember the first time I snorkeled on our honeymoon and I was totally freaked out by it all. Getting used to the breathing is totally weird!

He was excited about seeing the fish. He had a death grip on my hand but we were floating around looking at fish. Then he adjusted his mask, got salt water in his eyes and that was all she wrote. He wanted to get back in the boat. I didn't push him. I was so proud that he was willing to do it - even if it only lasted 10 minutes.