Sunday, June 27, 2010

Skater boy

We had a big weekend! We went yard saling Saturday morning. Daniel is a real trooper. He drags with me to many a yard sale in the hopes of scoring a toy. This weekend it was a GI Joe tank for 2 bucks! We brought it home and put in new batteries and now it lights up, shoots bullets, and makes noises. It's great! Then we spent the afternoon at the pool. It's been so unbearably hot here - that's really all we can muster up the energy to do. There's not a whole lot that Daniel loves more than swimming.



Except for maybe roller skating. He went on a field trip with the karate school to the skating rink and that's all he has talked about since! That day when Jason picked up Daniel, he wanted to go skating again that night. He has talked about it alot since then. So, Sunday afternoon I took him skating. I said to Jason, 'Remember that feeling you had when you sat on the snow sled and looked down the hill and thought - I am waaaaay too old for this? That's how I felt when I put on those skates and stood up for the first time.' Yikes! But, I found out - it's kind of like riding a bike. It comes right back to you. It was actually fun. Here are some cute shots:





No comments: