Friday, December 4, 2009

Hello Santa!

Today at school they had a wedding!! The kids are learning their letter sounds and they are up to Q. In order to reinforce the point that Q is followed by U - the Kindergarteners had a wedding today for Q and U. They are were all supposed to dress up and they had a ceremony. Now U is moving on up the alphabet train to be next to Q. How cute is that?

Since he was already all dressed up, I took Daniel to the mall to see Santa. I still think he has no idea what's coming. While we were waiting in line I told him, 'Santa is going to ask you what you want for Christmas. What are you going to tell him?' 'Um, Candy?', he says. 'Anything else?', I ask. 'I don't know', he says. I don't think he knows he's going to get presents. He is excited about Christmas, just because we are - it's fun. He doesn't know yet about all the loot he's going to get. We're going to try to keep it low key but I am really excited to see his reaction. Here is our happy boy with Santa. He was saying, 'Merry Christmas Santa!'

2 comments:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

You sound like your talking about our boy! When we first asked him what he wanted Santa to bring, he replied "CANDY!!" What will Nana get you? "CANDY!!" and so on!! Now he did actually ask for one toy and was surprised when he saw 2 presents under the tree. I think we will blow their socks off with christmas this year, as will you. I know, ya just can't help it. I think Santa buys (makes) a new gift everyday!! Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Edward asked Santa for a candy cane. And he gets one right away. Maybe kids have it figured out in the beginning.
George