Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009

Our little pirate had a great Halloween! Since this is his first year, I decided that the grandparents all needed to see him. So, we did a little bit a trick or treating on our street with the neighbor kids and then we loaded up and headed over to Mammaw and Pappaw's and then on to Omah and Foffee's. Whew! By the end of the night he was tired, mom was whipped, and we had a huge bowl of candy to show for our efforts. We'll be eating all this candy until next Halloween!

In the car on the way over, I opened the sun roof so he could see the moon. He's never really out late enough to see it - so it's amazing! He says to me, 'Mom, the moon is far away.' 'Yes, it is!', I reply. 'Ukraine is far away', he says. 'Yes it is - Ukraine is far away', I reply. 'Ukraine is on the moon', he said. That's pretty good logic! I told him that even though we can see the moon and we can't see Ukraine - Ukraine is closer. How cute!

The other night, putting him to bed I was telling him how God brought us all together. God brought Daniel to Mama and Papa and God brought Mama and Papa to Daniel. He said, 'God fixed it.' That's right big boy. God fixed a great family for us all.

1 comment:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

I love his little mustache! And what a precious dog! It looks like you had a great holiday.