Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I was hoping to have a great post with cute pictures of our new American celebrating with his first fireworks. Well, things don't always go as planned. We had a RAINY Saturday and the fireworks in town are just too late for our little guy. He goes to bed at 8:00! 10:30 is just too late, maybe next year. He was also running a fever on and off last week. Poor thing. He is fine now, but he just wasn't himself. We went to see Ice Age - that's about all I have to report. He loved it! His coloring has really improved too. That's a recent development. He used to NEVER want to color. I guess he didn't think he could do it very good, so he didn't want to do it at all. Now all of a sudden he is coloring. I think maybe it's seeing the other kids at day care do it - he realizes he doesn't have to be perfect. Of course, he is still very careful and takes his time. He does a very good job and is proud to display his work. Between coloring, working with scissors, and working on our letters - our refrigerator is absolutely covered with masterpieces.

A friend from church read my last post and sent me this scripture reference:
Deuteronomy 11:18-19 NIV
18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Thanks Ima! It is a 24/7 job to teach Daniel about God. Even though we are amazed at how quickly he is learning English, his vocabulary is still somewhat limited. I think I have been letting that hold me back. I need to talk to him about God MORE, read him MORE Bible stories - even if he doesn't understand now, it will come. There is no better time!

1 comment:

You Are Mine...an adoption journey! said...

So GREAT to see your pictures! Caleb couldn't remember Daniel at first but Deianna did. He is a doll! So happy for you!