Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Wonderland


We had 4 inches of snow yesterday, followed by rain and ice last night, topped off with more snow today. It is really beautiful (from inside my warm house!). We still have our power too! All of Jason's family is without power, so we are counting our blessings.

For those of you looking for an adoption update, I don't have much to tell. We have decided to fly over on Delta so our flight schedule will be Louisville to Cincinnati to JFK to Kiev. Other than getting that booked, we are doing plaster work in the kid's room, buying long underwear for the trip, and other miscellaneous items. I don't know that it's really sunk in yet. After a year of waiting we are finally going! It just doesn't seem real! Ask me again the week before we go!

We have lined up a house sitter for while we are gone. We have someone that is able to stay here full time, so that is a blessing. I will post again when I have something fun to share.......

2 comments:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

No news is often the best news in this game. We, too, are patiently waiting for our travel date to arrive. Just under a month to go!!

Carrie said...

Jason and Kelly, I was referred to your blog by Conethia. My name is Carrie, my husband's is John. We also have an SDA appointment on February 24. I just thought I'd stop by and say hello. We are going through the exact same thing as you. The wait seems endless. You can find us at www.tucciadoption.blogspot.com. I am going to add your link to my blog so I can check back often.