Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Paperwork update

Tonight I met with the 'Baby Lady' from our church, who is helping to facilitate our adoption. She said that there were 'URGENT' changes that needed to be made to our paperwork. I was excited to hear that because it means something is happening, right? She said that they are trying to get everyone's paperwork turned in by the end of the year. YAY! So, I said, 'If you get it turned in by the end of the year, and you said usually we travel in 3 months after the paperwork gets turned in........'. She cut me off. 'Oh, it's been going faster than that', she said. I didn't press her for more info. I don't want to get my hopes up. I have been telling everyone that maybe we will be traveling in April or May, but maybe it will actually be sooner??? Why would I be surprised? God is in control. He keeps reminding us of that. This is His adoption - not ours. He led us down this path and He will continue to see us through.

We have to change our medical forms, get a PVA evaluation card from the County clerk, and update the heading on 3 other documents. This means another visit to the Doctor, then to the County Clerk, get everything re-certified, back to the county clerk to get it all authenticated, and then a trip back to Frankfort to get everything apostilled. Then we ship it to the Ukraine and get back in the waiting game. I will jump through every hoop they require, as many times as necessary. I am so certain that this is our destiny.

Hang in there kiddos - we will be there as fast as we can!!

No comments: